BROADCAST PUBLIC SERVICE
Local Stations. Big Impact.

WOIO and WUAB Sponsor Cleveland’s Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure (WOIO and WUAB)

Topic: Health Awareness Campaigns

Raycom Media’s CBS affiliate WOIO-TV and MyNetworkTV affiliate WUAB-TV Cleveland partnered with Susan G. Komen to provide in-depth coverage of the event. This included on-air promos, web pages, and a social media campaign. The race raised over $250,000, of which 75 percent will help provide free education, screening, treatment and survivor support services for those who need it the most. The remaining 25 percent will fund global research to help find cures. The Susan G. Komen foundation nominated WOIO-TV for the Medical Mutual Pillar Award for Community Service in recognition of their efforts. The Pillar Award honors businesses that make exceptional contributions to their community, showcasing the ties and room for collaboration between for-profit and nonprofit worlds.


More stories on Health Awareness Campaigns