Topic: Youth-Focused Initiatives
Date Posted: 9/14/2015
Bonneville International Corporation’s NBC affiliate KSL-TV Salt Lake City, UT raised $49,500 in a telethon on Aug. 12 to support the adoption of children in foster care. The event profiled several children and families.
• Jaid is a 15-year-old boy. Some kids make fun of him for being different.
• Aschley is a 16-year-old who loves to dance and sing and is hoping to be adopted.
• Shaleen is legally blind and deaf. Her caseworker says she would thrive in a permanent home.
• The Flanders Family: Bryan and Chantel Flanders always wanted a son. They never expected to adopt through foster care, but their family is complete after adopting Allen last November.
• Mariah lived in foster care all her life until the Goodraults adopted her. Now, they urge others to adopt from foster care.
• Julie Anderson always wanted to be a mom. 17-year-old Olivia was in foster care for four years before finding her true home.
• Like most 11-year-old boys, James loves his toy cars and video games. He would give them all away to be adopted.
More stories on Youth-Focused Initiatives