Topic: Disaster Relief and Recovery
Posted on 10/21/2016
• E.W. Scripps’ NBC affiliate WPTV West Palm Beach: “Hurricane Matthew damage revealed as sun rises over South Florida”
• Hearst’s ABC affiliate WPBF-TV West Palm Beach: “WPBF 25’s Sanika Dange braves brutal wind, rain in Jupiter”
• Berkshire Hathaway’s ABC affiliate WPLG-TV Miami: “Hurricane Matthew moves closer toward Florida coast, downgraded to Category 3.” plus “Florida stations unfurl the red flags for Hurricane Matthew coverage”
• Sinclair’s ABC affiliate WLOS-TV: “’I might have made a mistake’: SC residents stay behind despite many warnings to evacuate”
• ABC-owned WABC NYC: “Hurricane Matthew Batters Florida Coast; 4 Dead as Over 1 Million Lose Power”
• NBC-owned WRC-TV Washington, DC: “People Stranded in Hurricane: ’We Wish We Hadn’t Stayed’”
• CBS-owned WCBS NYC: “Matthew gone but N.C. flooding, already bad, could get much worse”
• Florida TV Stations Brace for Hurricane Matthew’s Impact
• Florida stations unfurl the red flags for Hurricane Matthew coverage
• Keep Calm and Broadcast On: Broadcasters as Hurricane First Responders
• Watch video of several other local television stations’ live coverage, shared by TVNewsCheck.
Read more stories on Disaster Relief and Recovery »
© 2019 National Association of Broadcasters.