Topic: Community-Focused Initiatives
Date Posted: 12/1/2016
Emmis Austin Radio’s seven radio stations supported the local community through the following efforts:
• KLBJ & 99.7FM: This season’s Operation Thank You donation drive on Veteran’s Day raised over $12,000 benefitting the Fisher House Foundation at Fort Hood, which provides no cost lodging services for military families during a loved one’s service-related hospital stay.
• KGSR hosted its sold-out 26 Anniversary Party, benefitting the SIMS Foundation, featuring Band of Horses, Kurt Vile, and Lucy Dacus at ACL Live at the Moody Theater on December 14.
• KLBJ raised over $7,500 to help less fortunate families in Central Texas in its seventh year of the Dudley and Bob with Matt Show’s Breaking and Entering Christmas.
• 101X (101.5FM) celebrated 11 years of partnering with Austin’s Habitat For Humanity chapter with two sold out Emo’s shows this week, featuring hit alternative acts Phantogram , Bishop Briggs, and Local Natives, plus Austin’s own Calliope Musicals.
• BOB-FM is a proud supporter of the Chuy’s Children Giving to Children Parade, along with the rest of its six Emmis Austin Radio sister stations.
• 107.1 La Z and Latino 102.7 conducted their bi-annual Children’s Miracle Network Radiothon, December 9 and 10, raising $165,679 to benefit Dell Children’s Medical Center.
More stories on Community-Focused Initiatives